Training for Professionals
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST RESPONDER TRAINING
“More than half of primary school teachers say they do not feel adequately trained in supporting pupils with mental health problems, research suggests”. Sept 2017 https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/sep/21/primary-school-teachers-not-trained-to-deal-with-mental-health-issues
Many teachers who responded to the YouGov survey said they were ill-equipped to meet the needs of the children in their care.
Mental health first responder training is a 6 hour course delivered in one day or two half days that is SUITABLE FOR TEACHERS, SCHOOL NURSES/COUNSELLORS and SCHOOL OFFICE STAFF.
In this course participants will learn:
- about an evidence based framework for conceptualising mental health difficulties in children and young people
- how to spot children and young people who are struggling
- how to best help in “crisis” situations
- how to best help in ongoing situations
- where to refer children and young people for further help.
Up to eight participants will learn together through experiential practice and didactic teaching. Ongoing supervision and follow up can also be provided.
Please contact me for further information on 07947 067496